GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-2020 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved net income of over $2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a globally admired digital platform.
As a valued member of the Instant Products & Operations department, the Product Marketing Manager, Instant Category leads the strategic development, implementation and performance of product marketing plans for assigned brands and new product launches that maximize revenue and Net Profit for the Province (NPP) in a manner that meets objectives of corporate revenue and OLG’s long-term strategic plan.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director, Instant Products and Operations, the Product Marketing Manager will be empowered to:
- Develop, recommend and implement annual product plans including construction budgets, projections and operational plans in conjunction with the Director.
- Lead the development of the communication plan by identifying business objectives, target audience, communication hierarchies and time to market
- Lead product development, from idea generation to game asset development, product creation, timeline planning and testing to ensure new market initiatives are implemented
- Lead the identification, evaluation and recommendation of new marketing opportunities focusing on product development, communication strategy and promotions, research and channel opportunities
- Oversee product operations, including portfolio and brand monitoring (profit and loss financial statements, player participation) against forecasts (budget, quarterly forecasts) to ensure performance against company business objectives company
- Develop and track quarterly sales and marketing spend forecast (by brand and initiative) to ensure performance against company budget and provide variance recommendations
- Guide the research team to evaluate new marketing concepts, brand enhancements and/or line extensions through research, other lottery learnings, previous game launches and corporate partners industry
- Evaluate current product brand performance to quantify results and identify issues, challenges and future opportunities
- Be responsible for media budgeting, communication and promotion strategy to improve advertising effectiveness on identified channels.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: 2-5 years of consumer product brand management experience in a new product-focused industry such as entertainment, gaming, CPG
Education: University degree in business, marketing or related field
Knowledge: Knowledge of marketing principles including product design, promotion, pricing, merchandising, advertising, market research and sales/retail channels; knowledge of broadcast/production media, consumer/retail promotions, budget and agency management
Skills: Strong marketing, communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
Results oriented: Strategic thinker, good communicator, effective problem solver, takes initiative and has a growth mindset
Research Results Collaborator: Respected leader and relationship builder who demonstrates trust and integrity
Assets: Experience performing merchandise testing and/or planograms, knowledge of lottery products and services
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (permanent OLG employees only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be based on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their insights and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for Ontarians. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by August 10, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.