General objective of the work
- Responsible for the development and implementation of category strategies for the HR and ground transportation category, covering recruitment and consulting services, labor services, payroll services, HR surveys (SPV and compensation), background check, HRIS (integrated HR systems), HMO, COVID testing and management, wellness and fitness program, EAP, vehicle purchase, vehicle rental, vehicle maintenance , documentation and licenses, drivers, tires and batteries, etc.
- Secure supply and create value through a portfolio of commercial agreements structured and managed to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership. Responsible for analyzing business needs and comparing them to supply market opportunities to develop and implement category and procurement strategies, as well as contract management plans that maximize the commercial leverage in third-party agreements that deliver competitive value.
- Act as an internal subject matter expert in the HR and ground transportation category with responsibility to educate and advise the SCM community and business leaders on market pricing and cost trends, key contractor and suppliers and performance in the HR and Ground Transportation category.
- Note: Failure to fulfill this role, or failing to fulfill it to the desired level, may jeopardize the achievement of the short and long term objectives of the indirect and support functions to enable, maintain or stimulate the production of oil, gas and new energies safely and efficiently. , and at a competitive cost.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of category and contract plans (including multi-year plans) for all spend activities in the HR and ground transportation category. This includes
- Develop and deliver category and contract strategies for human resources and ground transportation, materials, and equipment that consider internal capabilities, market dynamics, and local stakeholder requirements, while maximizing the use of contracts that comply with relevant standards and improve contractor HSEQ, commercial, and operational performance.
- Lead the strategic sourcing of the above sub-categories in HR and Ground Transportation, including the preparation of tender documents, SAAFs, TAAFs, CAAFs, RAAFs and VAAFs, and contracts for the purchase of goods and services in the category HR and ground transportation (scope indicated above)
- Develop and review Electronic Tenders (RFQ/RFP/ITT) and lead the contracting and procurement processes beginning with receipt of an approved PR through to delivery of goods/services by the vendor. This covers vendor selection, strategy, obtaining TB and NPDC approvals if required, reviewing purchase orders, etc.
- Develop and implement robust contract management plans to ensure contractor performance in accordance with contract expectations and issued purchase orders. Establish and drive effective relationships with key vendors to achieve key business objectives, in particular safety, quality, schedule, cost, etc., and introduce innovative/value-added support to the business when appropriate possible
- Set effective value-based category performance goals and monitor them accordingly.
- Lead negotiations of medium risk contracts and trade exposures, and participate in negotiations of high risk contracts to provide cross-category input.
- Contribute to strategic supplier management to align external supply market skills with internal demand.
- Support self-competency development by understanding and applying the SCM Competency Framework, Work Experience Scale and related processes.
- Oversee a coaching program of contract holders and relevant internal end users on category management as a business process.
Context and challenges of the position:
- Location is Lagos, with visits to other company locations if required
- Work with internal stakeholders to consolidate demand and standardize specifications
- Reduce contract award time in a highly regulated contractual environment
- Comply with JV obligations under the JOA in detail of each contract
- Contribute to the company’s HSE performance since 70% of all security incidents involve contractors and contractors
- Requires proficiency with complex tools and models (e.g. Category Spend Profiling Tool; TCO Model; “should cost” model; SWOT; PESTLE; Porter’s Five Forces Model;
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified degree, preferably in a numeracy discipline, or demonstrated professional competence in SCM
- Minimum of 8 years of related SCM experience, preferably in the Oil & Gas (E&P) industry
- An MBA and/or a professional SCM degree (CIPS, ISM and IACCM) will be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills (including advanced data management), critical thinking and statistical judgment combined to facilitate risk-based decision making
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good stakeholder management skills, especially to engage various internal and external stakeholders.
Supplier qualification and evaluation criteria tool;
- SCM Risk Assessment Tool; Procurement Levers and Tactics tool; Opportunity prioritization tool;
- Strategy selection tool; RFQ and RFP Guide Tool; SCM KPI Guidance as well;
- Supplier relationship scoring tool; etc
- Apply several types of contracts; and exceptional analytical, communication and execution skills
Click here to apply