Brazil lead the Masters category on day two of the Abu Dhabi Grand Slam

SAN FRANCISCO: Stephen Curry scored 29 points as the Golden State Warriors returned to Sunday’s NBA Finals with a 107-88 win over the Boston Celtics.

Curry led a lethal display of shots from Golden State to San Francisco while a superb defensive effort from the Warriors stopped Boston’s main offensive weapons.

The Warriors, who squandered a 12-point fourth-quarter lead in Game 1, were in no mood to let lightning strike twice as they pulled away to create a double-digit third-quarter advantage for tie the best of seven series at 1-1.

Curry led the scoring for Golden State, with Jordan Poole (17 points), Andrew Wiggins (11), Kevon Looney (12) and Klay Thompson (11) also making double digits.

Jayson Tatum led Boston’s scorers with 28 points, but mostly 21 of them came in a hard-fought first half.

Only two other Boston players — Jaylen Brown with 17 points and Derrick White with 12 — hit double-digits.

The Warriors defense, brilliantly led by Draymond Green, stifled Boston in the second half, with two high-scoring Celtics heroes from Game 1 – Al Horford and Marcus held to just four points combined.

The series now moves to Boston with Game 3 scheduled for Wednesday and Game 4 on Friday.

“We said we had to play with desperation and we did,” Curry said. “It’s a good feeling to get back on track and now we have to win on the road.

“We got off to a better start defensively where we scored the game and they felt us more than in the first game. Our third quarter was great and we had a little more separation which made the fourth quarter easier tonight.

The Warriors put themselves in a winning position after beating Boston 35-14 in the third quarter to take an 87-64 lead in the fourth quarter.

Poole electrified San Francisco’s crowded Chase Center after launching a three-point shot midway through the end of the third to cap off a devastating stint in the home team’s play.

The Warriors kept the pressure on early in the fourth quarter, extending their lead to 29 points as the Celtics raced to regroup before wrapping up a blowout victory.

“I thought everyone was more engaged,” Golden State coach Steve Kerr said. “It was pretty obvious, just our strength level and our physique got a little bumped up, and it had to be.

“What Boston did in the fourth quarter the other night, we knew we had to come in with much better focus and a sense of aggression, and I thought that started right from the start.”

Boston, which exploded for 40 points in the final quarter to win Game 1, picked up where it left off on Sunday, taking a 13-5 lead with Brown leading.

A Brown three-pointer gave Boston a 22-13 lead early in the first quarter before a sustained Warriors rally led by Curry put the hosts within a point.

A Curry layup on the buzzer gave Golden State a 31-30 lead going into the second quarter.

Again, though, Boston found another gear, with Tatum nailing a three-pointer to put the Celtics ahead 33-31. The Celtics took a five-point lead at 40-35 with a three-point blank.

The Warriors responded with a 10-0 lead to come back 45-40 and there was little to separate the two teams in the closing stages of the half. Wiggins scored on an offensive rebound to give the Warriors a slim 52-50 halftime lead.

Boston looked the more dangerous team for long stretches of the first half and went 10 of 19 from three-point range, including five from Tatum while Brown finished the half with 15 points.

But the Warriors – who made just six from beyond the arc in the first half – burst after the break to seal the game.

The Celtics, meanwhile, coughed up 18 turnovers as the Warriors defense took charge.

Celtics coach Ime Udoka was disappointed with his side’s failure to build on a strong start.

“The third quarter was disappointing, but the first half was equally disappointing,” Udoka said.

“We had our opportunities. Came out, jumped nine hours earlier. Then the rolls started to happen. Let them back into the game.